Frequently Asked Questions
What can you use the knobs for?
The doorknobs are sold in a number of sizes 3.5cm, 4.0cm and 4.5 cm diameter. Over 90% of the knobs are 38-40mm diameter. All of these are suitable for kitchen cupboards and drawers, chests of drawers and wardrobes. Please note that the knobs are handmade and there is a natural variation in the diameter of the knobs of about plus or minus 2 mm.
How do I place an order?
Please create a customer account and log in. You can then simply add any products you want to your shopping basket and once you have finished shopping, proceed to the checkout and pay. You can use any major credit or debit card.
When will my order arrive?
If you live in the UK, we use Royal Mail Tracked 48 so you should expect to receive your knobs in 2-3 working days. If you live in Europe your order takes 5 working days to reach you by airmail. If you live outside Europe, your order will take 7 working days to reach you by airmail. You will receive an email from us telling you when your order has been despatched.
How much does postage cost?
All UK orders cost a flat rate of £4.95 postage and packing. So if you buy 1, 5 or 25 items your postage is capped at £4.95. You may select UK next day delivery which costs £9.50 and requires a signature.
|UK Royal Mail 48 Tracked delivery||£4.95||Delivered within 1-2 working days.|
|UK next day delivery
(available Mon-Fri, excluding Bank Holidays)
|£8.55 -£11.00||Delivered next working day (by 1pm). Orders must be received before 11am. Orders received at weekends and Bank Holidays will be processed the next working day and delivered the following working day. A signature will be required. Orders weighing 1kg cost £8.55 and 1-2kg cost £11.00 by Royal Mail 1pm Guaranteed Weekday Delivery. Saturday Guaranteed 1pm delivery costs £13.26 for 1kg parcels and £16.20 for 2kg parcels. Please call us on 01435 817143 to buy this delivery service.|
What thickness door or drawer will the knobs fit? Do I need longer bolts?
All the knobs with come fitted with a standard bolt. The standard bolt will allow you to fix a knob to a door of 2.3cm thickness (this measurement includes a space of 0.5cm to accommodate the size of the locking nut), UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED ON THE INDIVIDUAL LISTING
If your door or drawer is thicker, we sell longer bolts which will allow you to fix the knobs to a door of 3.3cm thickness. These cost 99p each and are available from the Longer Bolts and Fixings section of the website. For the larger diameter (4.5cm diameter) knobs, the threaded bolt is not detachable and cannot be changed for longer bolts so these knobs will only fit a door of thickness 2.3cm.
How do I fit the knobs?
The knobs are very easy to fit and typically take less than a minute per knob. The knobs come with a metal bolt, a metal back plate, two nuts and two washers. Many also have the circular crenulated metal flashing, which is visible on the front of the knob.
Fix with backplate cupping the knob
If you want to fix the backplate so that it cups the knob like this:
- Drill a hole in the drawer or door to which you are going to fit the knob.
- Unscrew the nuts and remove both washers from the threaded bolt.
- Simply push the bolt through the drilled hole in your drawer until you can see the end of the bolt on the inside of the drawer.
- Put a single washer and then one nut over the threaded bolt and tighten the nut until the knob is secure. The other washer and nut are surplus if you fix the knob in his way.
Fix with backplate inverted
If you want to invert the backplate, so that it forms a metal circle on the front of the door you are fixing it to like this:
- Unscrew the nuts, remove the washers and remove the metal backplate from the base of the knob.
- Invert the backplate.
- Using one washer and one nut, tighten the metal backplate to the base of the knob. Do not overtighten.
- Slide the threaded bolt into the hole in your drawer.
- Feed the other washer and nut over the thread on the inside of the drawer. Tighten the nut to secure the knob.